Toxicologist (or similar discipline)
ToxStrategies, Inc., is seeking a toxicologist (or similar discipline) with experience conducting systematic reviews to join our expanding Health Science consulting practice. The position involves application of these approaches to hazard- and risk-based evaluations of foods, chemicals, and consumer products. The successful candidate will have a working knowledge of systematic review concepts, as well as expertise in systematic review tools such as DistillerSR. This includes experience developing protocols, conducting literature searches, screening evidence, and appraising studies using risk-of-bias techniques. Mastery of narrative synthesis and data visualization is preferred.
This position offers a dynamic and challenging work environment, opportunities for professional development and leadership, and competitive compensation and benefits. On a daily basis, responsibilities will involve designing and conducting scientific projects, including generation, critical review, analysis, and synthesis of scientific data. A significant component of the position will involve technical writing in the form of proposals, protocols, reports, and scientific manuscripts, as well as verbal communication via presentations and teleconferences. The position involves regular collaboration on multidisciplinary teams of ToxStrategies’ toxicologists, epidemiologists, engineers, and biostatisticians, many of whom are recognized as leaders in their respective fields. Responsibilites also include presenting at professional meetings (e.g., ACT, SOT, SRA), serving on scientific committees, and publishing scientific manuscripts.
ToxStrategies is a multidisciplinary scientific consulting firm that develops innovative solutions to address the scientific, technical, and regulatory challenges confronting our clients. Scientists in our Health Science Practice provide consulting services to public and private-sector clients around the world. Our work involves providing clients with scientific, strategic, and regulatory expertise in the assessment of chemicals in the environment, food and food ingredients, and consumer products.
- Masters or Ph.D. in toxicology, pharmacology, or related sciences; DABT certification is desired but not required.
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in human health risk assessment, specializing within a particular field (e.g., food safety) or across disciplines.
- Experience with evidence-based methods, including systematic mapping/scoping reviews and systematic reviews. Working knowledge of DistillerSR (or similar tool) highly preferred.
- Experience leading project tasks or teams.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple assignments with attention to detail and effective time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently or in multidisciplinary teams.
- Re-location to Asheville, NC, is required.
- Ability to travel (may be required approximately 5%–10% of the time).
For more information on ToxStrategies’ practice areas and team, please visit www.toxstrategies.com. To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ToxStrategies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Certified Woman-Owned Small Business.