Toxicologist (or similar discipline)
ToxStrategies is a multidisciplinary scientific consulting firm that develops innovative solutions to address the scientific, technical, and regulatory challenges confronting our clients. Scientists in our Health Science Practice provide consulting services to public and private-sector clients around the world. Our work involves providing clients with scientific, strategic, and regulatory expertise in the assessment of chemicals in the environment, food and food ingredients, and consumer products. Within ToxStrategies, you will work alongside toxicologists, epidemiologists, engineers, and biostatisticians who are recognized as leaders in their respective fields. ToxStrategies currently has offices in Orange County, CA; San Rafael, CA; Austin, TX; Houston, TX; Rockville, MD; and Asheville, NC.
ToxStrategies, Inc., is seeking a toxicologist (or similar discipline) with experience conducting systematic reviews, hazard assessments and/or risk assessments to join our expanding Health Science consulting practice. The position involves application of these approaches to hazard- and risk-based evaluations of foods, chemicals, and consumer products. This position offers a dynamic and challenging work environment, opportunities for professional development and leadership, and competitive compensation and benefits.
Responsibilities May Include:
- Designing and conducting scientific projects, including generation, critical review, analysis, and synthesis of scientific data
- Conducting statistical analysis
- Technical writing in the form of proposals, protocols, reports, and scientific manuscripts
- Participating in presentations and teleconferences
- Collaboration on multidisciplinary teams of’ toxicologists, epidemiologists, engineers, and biostatisticians from within and outside the company
- Presenting at professional meetings (e.g., ACT, SOT, SRA), serving on scientific committees, and publishing scientific manuscripts
- Travel required (up to approximately 10%)
- Masters or Ph.D. in toxicology, pharmacology, or related sciences; DABT certification is desired but not required.
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in human health risk assessment, specializing within a particular field (e.g., food safety) or across disciplines. Ph.D. work may substitute for some experience.
- Experience with evidence-based methods, including systematic mapping/scoping reviews and systematic reviews. Working knowledge of DistillerSR (or similar tool) highly preferred.Experience developing protocols, conducting literature searches, screening evidence, and appraising studies using risk-of-bias techniques.
- Mastery of narrative synthesis and data visualization is preferred.
- Experience leading project tasks or teams.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple assignments with attention to detail and effective time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently or in multidisciplinary teams.
ToxStrategies does not provide sponsorship for employment visa status.
ToxStrategies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Woman-Owned Business.