The FDA has released a statement advising consumers not to use hand sanitizer manufactured by Eskbiochem SA de CV in Mexico. FDA has stated that methanol is not an acceptable ingredient for hand sanitizers and should not be used due to its toxic effects.
The following products manufactured by Eskbiochem potentially contain methanol.
- All-Clean Hand Sanitzer
- Esk Biochem Hand Sanitizer
- CleanCare No Germ Advanced Hand Sanitizer 75% Alcohol
- Lavar 70 Gel Hand Sanitizer
- The Good Gel Antibacterial Sanitizer
- CleanCare NoGerm Advanced Hand Sanitizer 80% Alcohol
- CleanCare NoGerm Advanced Hand Sanitizer 75% Alcohol
- Saniderm Advanced Hand Sanitizer
FDA has urged consumers to stop using these products immediately and discard them in hazardous waste containers. These products should not be flushed or poured down the drain.
Complete advisory can be found here: