ToxStrategies, Inc., is seeking a chemical or environmental engineer with experience conducting quantitative chemical exposure assessments to join our expanding Exposure Sciences consulting practice. The position involves data-driven assessments of human and environmental exposure to chemicals to support risk-based evaluations related to foods, manufacturing of chemical substances, use of commercial and consumer products and contaminated sites. The successful candidate will have a working knowledge of statistical approaches for evaluation of environmental data (including Bayesian methods), chemical fate and transport mechanisms, mathematical exposure modeling, and environmental sampling. Mastery of data presentation and visualization as well as computer programming in R language is preferred. Working knowledge of physiologically based pharmacokinetic (PBPK) modeling is also considered a plus.
This position offers a dynamic and challenging work environment, opportunities for professional development and leadership, and competitive compensation and benefits. On a daily basis, responsibilities will involve designing and conducting scientific projects that may include generation, critical review, analysis, and/or synthesis of scientific data. A significant component of the position will involve technical writing in the form of proposals, protocols, reports, and scientific manuscripts, as well as verbal communication via presentations and teleconferences. The position involves regular collaboration on multidisciplinary teams that may include toxicologists, epidemiologists, industrial hygienists, engineers, and biostatisticians, many of whom are recognized as leaders in their respective fields. Active participation in the scientific community such as presenting at professional meetings (e.g., AIHCE, ISES, SOT, SRA), serving on committees, and publishing scientific manuscripts is strongly encouraged.
ToxStrategies is a multidisciplinary scientific consulting firm that develops innovative solutions to address the scientific, technical, and regulatory challenges confronting our clients. Scientists in our Exposure Assessment Practice provide consulting services to public and private-sector clients around the world. Our work involves providing clients with scientific, strategic, and regulatory expertise in the assessment of chemicals in the environment, food and food ingredients, and consumer products.
- B.S or M.S in chemical or environmental engineering.
- Minimum of 4+ years’ experience in human health risk assessment, specializing within a particular field (e.g., industrial hygiene) or across disciplines.
- Experience with multi-media mathematical modeling programs and screening level models such as those in OECD Toolbox and EPA’s ToxCast and ExpoCast databases
- Experience leading project tasks or teams.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple assignments with attention to detail and effective time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently or in multidisciplinary teams.
Ability to travel (may be required approximately 5%–10% of the time).
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com.